Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I'm Ready to Be a Big Kid

So, second post.  It's been about 6ish months since my first/previous post, so I've built up some things to talk about!  I turned 20 in February, and since that point i have come to realize that I'm either not doing life right, or I'm ready to be a big kid.

I'm ready to be a big kid.  By that I mean I want to have a house, a family, a real job, and be done with school.  I had a conversation with one of my fellow classmates today, after we left class early, about how we want to be able to have our jobs, and at the end of the work day, go home and chill or do work on our houses that neither of us have.  She is married, and has been for about a year and a half, yet is about a month younger than me.  She is well on her way to being a big kid, but she still wants to be able to go home and not have homework to do!

Lately, I have been obsessed with HGTV and Pinterest projects for home improvement, decoration, and landscaping!  My sister just got engaged to her boyfriend last week, and moved into the house that they got together this past weekend.  My parents and I drove up to NE to help them both move into the house, and I went CRAZY with my Pinterest and HGTV ideas.  It made me realize that I am SO ready to have a house and a job and not be in school anymore.  Part of this is due to the fact that I am still living in campus housing with one of my best friends.  We are living in the same room, sharing a kitchenette and a bathroom with another guy we met last year in the dorms.  The biggest problem is that all of my pet peeves have been realized in sharing these spaces with my friends.  I am a very particular person.  I need everything to be in its place, and it never is.  I will be the absolute first person to admit that I am a difficult roommate, but I really don't think my pet peeves are that difficult to remember to do.  Things like put things back where you found them, close the bathroom door when using the bathroom, turn off the lights when leaving the room, don't leave trash everywhere, don't leave stuff all over the bathroom counter.  These aren't ridiculous requests.

I want to be a big kid.  I want a family.  I want a house.  I want to be out of college.  I want to be a Dermatologist.  These things aren't all possible for right now, so I guess I'll just cross them off as I get to them!

2 years of Undergrad
4 years of Med School
3-5 years of Residency/Internship
? years until I'm married
? years until I buy a house
? years until I have kids
? years until the rest of my life begins
0 minutes until I need to start on living the life I have right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment